Sites We Love
Apps We Love
Strategy & Critical Thinking
Science & Innovation
- Teachley Addimal Adventure - This adventure app was developed by former teachers and experts in children’s cognition and learning. Addimal Adventure is an engaging game that teaches single-digit addition. The Addimal characters model effective strategies for solving math facts. Children practice using these strategies during the tool round, while the speed round encourages memorization, providing hints as needed.
- Money Bingo - Money Bingo is a great money math game. Select the test mode, difficulty level, and background in the "Settings" screen. Progress through the test modes and difficulty levels until you master the game.
- Geoboard - The Geoboard is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more. Create geometric figures and cool designs just like you would with a real geoboard.
- Hungry Fish - Feed your fish and play with numbers! Practice mental addition and subtraction with Motion Math: Hungry Fish, a delightful learning game that's fun for children and grown ups. Your fish is hungry for numbers. You can make delicious sums by pinching two numbers together – instant addition! Keep feeding your fish to win a level and unlock new colors and fins.
- Meerkat Math - What happens when a Meerkat gets to eating everyone's eggs? Kids start chasing him in math related adventures. Why? We aren’t exactly sure, but we are sure that Meerkat Math will be a lot of fun for the whole family. Designed and programmed by two former high school teachers, Meerkat Math is more than just a runner game. Every level is packed full of questions that entertain and enlighten. Complete missions by running through eight mini-games on an island packed full of challenges. Play and level up to unlock all 8 modes.
- Math Dots -Play connect the dots while learning math! Math Dots is a fun way to practice Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division. Answer problems correctly to get the next dot and complete the puzzles.
- MathBoard - MathBoard is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children. Beginning in kindergarten, with simple addition and subtraction problems, through elementary school where learning multiplication and division can be a real challenge. MathBoard will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
- Math Blasters - Cadet, hop on your HyperCycle and discover the intergalactic adventure that adds up to total fun! Outsmart the alien robots, blast through the razor sharp blockades and speed past the stars on this mega-math adventure. The universe is counting on you do you have what it takes to complete the mission?
- Learn Money - Students learn the basic identification of coins & bills to making change. Learn Money includes engaging lessons with natural voice-over and follow-up quizzes.
- Sparkle Fish - With SparkleFish you can record creative words in your own voice for playback inside surprising, ad-lib stories. If you enjoy Mad Libs, then you’ll really love SparkleFish. It’s fun for all ages, species, individuals, groups, etc.
- Word Balls - Word Balls challenges your word building skills in a fast paced, unique, and fun word game. Play with friends and beat the top scores! Test your limits by keeping the letters alive and reach the top levels. Gain achievements for different word building categories. Word Ball will make you a "Word Master" in no time!
- Mad Libs - Just like the Mad Libs you see on paper. Enjoy reviewing nouns, verbs, adjectives, plural nouns, pronouns and proper nouns while creating a hilarious story!
- Spelling City - This app is just like the site we all love! Use this app to practice your weekly spelling words in a fun way.
- Upwords - It's a high-stacking 3-D crossword game! You and your opponents spell words with stackable letter tiles on the special gameboard to score points. Build words by playing letters across or down on the board and by stacking letters on top of letters already on the board to form new words.
Strategy & Critical Thinking
- Flow Free - Flow Free is a simple yet addictive puzzle game. Connect matching colors with pipe to create a flow. Pair all colors, and cover the entire board to solve each puzzle in Flow Free. But watch out, pipes will break if they cross or overlap!
- Sudoku - With 4 difficulty levels, intuitive interface, and all the functions right at your fingertips, this Sudoku app is sure to be your favorite. Interrupted? Exit Sudoku, and the puzzle is saved exactly as you see it!
- Number Pieces - Number Pieces helps students develop a deeper understanding of place value while building their computation skills with multi-digit numbers. Students use the number pieces to represent multi-digit numbers, regroup, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Logigrid - Logigrid Logic Problems are a challenging and fun way to develop your deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills. If you regularly do logic puzzles then you know how addictive they can be. If you're new to logic problems, they're simple to learn so you'll be solving them within minutes.
- Woven Free - Enjoy a brand new stylish puzzle in which you weave together beautiful tapestries to complete the game.
Science & Innovation
- LEGO Movie Maker - Build your own LEGO® adventure, then capture your story! Help your child bring their LEGO characters to life with the LEGO Movie Maker App. This fun, kid-friendly app brings the whole family together to create a custom LEGO stop-motion movie.
- Pettson's Inventions - Help Pettson and Findus build their inventions! In this tricky game you should help building these clever inventions. You need to figure out which ones of the objects should be included and where to put them in the machinery. Drag and drop the objects to their right spot and watch the invention start. For every invention finished there will be a reward of a cogwheel. When you have finished all the inventions a special invention will be unlocked where you will help Findus fly out to space!
- Educreations - Educreations turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Creating a great video tutorial is as simple as touching, tapping and talking. Explain a math formula, create an animated lesson, add commentary to your photos, or diagram a sports play.